I made a couple hardware overviews for our MK1 Vr6 kits, and I still have a few questions that I either didn’t address in one video or a tip I forgot, I am going to add a couple more videos soon, but this may make finding the info you’re looking for a little easier, if you have questions before during or after install please feel free to email me! Sal@s-pautomotive.com
General install Tips:
- Press your bushings in before you mount the brackets onto the motor or chassis
- If you have an 02j trans the upper trans mount holes are threaded, you need to drill them out to use the hardware provided
- Grease the inner speedo cable with a silicone grease before installing!
- I find it easier to set the radiator in the core support before I install the motor – but not bolt it down
- For a cleaner install on a AAA motor if you’re not using the AC/PS systems cut the bracket off just below the alternator mounting points to the block.
- Always start all the bolts in a bracket, manifold,cover etc before tightening any of them down
- If you are using the mk1 fuel lines, the best place to cut them I have found is just before the cross behind the steering knuckle, you can carefully hand bend them up toward the passenger strut tower and trim again to your desired length
- Work the exhaust system from front to back, hang everything loose in the clamps and work each section into final placement front to back as well
- If you’re using one of our harnesses the “Trigger” needs to have power in both the key positions START and RUN – this is often the problem for a no start, someone didn’t check that the wire they chose had power during the crank key cycle. A good source for this is your former coil power wire on gasoline cars, on diesels the injection pump power wire works well.